Welcome to RandomRoulette.com
Random Roulette is an information resource about Roulette. To find out more about other Roulette games go to the Random Games website.
Types of Roulette Bets
The inside Roulette bets:
- Straight-up: A single number bet. The chip is placed entirely on the middle of a number square.
- Split: A bet on two adjoining numbers, either on the vertical or horizontal (as in 14-17 or 8-9). The chip is placed on the line between these numbers.
- Street: A bet on three numbers on a single horizontal line. The chip is placed on the edge of the line of a number at the end of the line (either the left or the right, depending on the layout).
- Corner (or square): A bet on four numbers in a square layout (as in 11-12-14-15). The chip is placed at the horizontal and vertical intersection of the lines between the four numbers.
- Six line (or double street): A bet on two adjoining streets, with the chip placed at the corresponding intersection, as if in between where two street bets would be placed.
- Trio: A bet on the intersecting point between 0, 1 and 2, or 0, 2 and 3 (single-zero layout only).
- Basket (non-square corner): A bet on 0, 1, 2, and 3 (single-zero layout only).
- Basket: A bet on 0, 1, and 2; 0, 00, and 2; or 00, 2, and 3 (double-zero layout only). The chip is placed at the intersection of the three desired numbers.
- Top line: A bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 (double-zero layout only). The chip is placed either at the corner of 0 and 1, or the corner of 00 and 3.
Outside bets typically have smaller payouts with better odds at winning. These bets have been removed from 'fast' or 'speed' Roulette games such as NX2 Roulette which is another alternative Roulette game.
- 1 to 18: A bet on one of the first low eighteen numbers coming up.
- 19 to 36: A bet on one of the latter high eighteen numbers coming up.
- Red or black: A bet on which color the roulette wheel will show.
- Even or odd: A bet on an even or odd nonzero number.
- Dozen bets: A bet on the first (1-12), second (13-24), or third group (25-36) of twelve numbers.
- Column bets: A bet on all 12 numbers on any of the three vertical lines (such as 1-4-7-10 on down to 34). The chip is placed on the space below the final number in this string.
A note about House Edge:
The house average or house edge (also called the expected value) is the amount the player loses relative for any bet made, on average. If a player bets on a single number in the American game there is a probability of 1/38 that the player wins 35 times the bet, and a 37/38 chance that the player loses their bet. The expected value is:
−1×37⁄38 + 35×1⁄38 = −0.0526 (5.26% house edge)
For European roulette, a single number wins 1⁄37 and loses 36⁄37:
−1×36⁄37 + 35×1/37 = −0.0270 (2.70% house edge)
The presence of the green squares on the roulette wheel and on the table are technically the only house edge. Outside bets will always lose when a single or double zero come up.
Please note: This site is for information about Roulette only. For information about Random Roulette please contact us.